Lanolin is extracted from freshly shorn sheep's wool and is a natural by product of the sheering process. When you have a new wool nappy cover, it will have been striped of lanolin so by lanolising the wool cover you are creating the natural water repelling, evaporation properties back into the wool.
1. Start by filling a bucket or sink with lukewarm water, enough to cover your wool cover. No hotter than 30 degrees.
2. Put 1/4 tsp of lanolin per cover into a standard mug, then add a Poppet (or a squirt of baby wash).
3. Add freshly boiled water to fill the mug, stir until fully dissolved - the solution will go milky.
4. Pour the whole mug of solution into the lukewarm water. (Always check your water is no hotter than 30 degrees)
5. Submerge the wool cover and leave to soak for 4 hours.
For new wool covers, repeat the process a further 2 times, no need to dry in between soaks. If refreshing a wool cover, just the one soak is sufficient.
6. To dry, gently squeeze the wool then lay out on a dry towel. Roll the towel up to squeeze out the excess.
Then lay flat or hang to dry.
100g Aluminium tin with lanolin for lanolising wool nappy covers.
Secret Garden is beautiful floral scent that captures the essence of the gardenia flower.
100% Pure Anhydrous Lanolin, Parfum Benzyl Benzoate